Firstscope Tabletop Telescope - Robert Reeves Signature Edition
Celestron has joined forces with master lunar imager Robert Reeves on this addition to the beloved FirstScope family: the FirstScope Signature Series: Moon by Robert Reeves. This quality Dobsonian-style telescope features a spherical glass mirror with a generous 76mm of aperture. The FirstScope’s wide field-of-view provides bright, sharp views of the Moon’s mountains and craters in crisp detail. You’ll also enjoy using the FirstScope to pan the Milky Way, explore open star clusters, marvel at Saturn’s rings, or view favourite deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula.
This compact, lightweight telescope is an ideal entry-level astronomical telescope. Just remove it from the box, insert an eyepiece, and you’re ready to view. To navigate the sky, simply rotate the azimuth axis in the direction of your desired object. It doesn’t get much simpler or more portable than the FirstScope.
Its compact design makes the FirstScope Signature Series easy to take along on your next camping trip, picnic, or hike. When not in use, the FirstScope Signature Series: Moon by Robert Reeves will be a stylish decorative fixture on your bookshelf or desk.
Explore the Moon
Familiarize yourself with the Moon, our neighbouring world. Robert Reeves’ signature FirstScope comes with a custom wrap that highlights 10 lunar features to explore including Tycho, Plato, and Copernicus. Learn more about the Moon with Robert Reeves’ Lunar Landscape eBook which goes into detail about the sizes of craters, how Marias are formed, the natural history of the Moon, and other fascinating titbits.
About Robert Reeves
Robert Reeves first photographed the Moon in 1959, just as our space program was setting its sights on lunar exploration. Since then, he’s become one of the world’s best lunar imagers and a prolific author on astrophotography. Using Celestron telescopes from his home in Texas, Robert captures more detailed images than professional astronomers could during the heyday of the Apollo missions.
- Celestron’s beloved entry-level telescope gets a stunning look! The Signature Series FirstScope features a superb Moon image by astroimager and Team Celestron member Robert Reeves
- High-quality tabletop Dobsonian with a 76mm reflector optical tube
- FirstScope artwork highlights key features on the lunar surface like craters and maria that you can explore for yourself with the telescope
- Simple, portable design that’s easy to use for astronomers of all levels—a great choice for kids and families
- Also includes a free PDF download of the Lunar Landscapes ebook by Robert Reeves
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2
|Highest Useful Magnification
|Lowest Useful Magnification
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude
|1.83 arc seconds
|1.53 arc seconds
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area
|Aluminum with SiO2
|Optical Tube Length
|Optical Tube Diameter
|Optical Tube Weight
|1.4 lbs (0.64 kg)
|Manual Tabletop Dobsonian
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)
|Tripod Leg Diameter
|Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software, and SkyPortal App
|Total Kit Weight
|4.3 lbs (1.95 kg)
4mm and 20mm Eyepieces
Free Lunar Landscape Robert Reeves PDF Download
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
Shipping & Returns
- We ship Australia wide. Final rates are calculated at the checkout.
- Orders for instock product are shipped within 24 business hours
- We offer flat rate shipping starting to most countries worldwide. International shipments do not include any duties or taxes which may be payable upon entry of the order into your country. Please contact your local customs authorities for more information.
For more details please see our Shipping Policy
We accept returns up to 30 days after delivery, if the item is unused and in its original condition, and we will refund the full order amount minus the shipping costs for the return.
Some items may not be eligible for returns, please refer to the individual product descriptions for more information
For more details please see our Returns Policy
Thanks for shopping with us!
Australian Geographic contributes 100% of its profits to its registered charity the Australian Geographic Society to fund its conservation and sustainability grants.