For the Love of Flora
“Charles Darwin got it wrong – so very wrong. As he sailed out of Western Australia’s King George Sound on HMS Beagle in 1836, he gazed back at an expanse of undulating hills covered in low, olive-green shrubbery and declared the region surrounding Albany in the south-west of Australia to be so “dull and uninteresting” that “[H]e who thinks like me will never wish to walk again in so uninviting a country.”
"Australia is one of the most biologically diverse countries on the planet. Thanks to its long period of isolation from the rest of the world, an unusually high number of species are endemic; that is, they are found nowhere else."
Artistically photographed by Georgina Steytler, this book is an enchantment of our native Australian flora, celebrating its beauty and diversity - from the more familiar eucalypts and wattles to carnivorous sundrew and secretive orchids.
Following on from her earlier book, For the Love of Birds, Georgina has turned her photographic eye for detail and wonder on some of Australia’s most underrated, but nevertheless vitally important, wild beauties. Snippets of natural and cultural history combine with amazing imagery and photographic tips to guide you through a botanical kaleidoscope of colour.
- Beautiful, unique images by award-winning Australian photographer Georgina Steytler
- Professional insight into floral photography
- Includes First Nations names and uses of our native flora
- Important details on how we can help sustain our flora for the future
Hardcover 330 x 240mm, 240pp
Dimensions: 330 mm (h) x 240mm (w) x 30mm (d)
Number of pages: 240pp
Shipping & Returns
- We ship Australia wide. Final rates are calculated at the checkout.
- Orders for instock product are shipped within 24 business hours
- We offer flat rate shipping starting to most countries worldwide. International shipments do not include any duties or taxes which may be payable upon entry of the order into your country. Please contact your local customs authorities for more information.
For more details please see our Shipping Policy
We accept returns up to 30 days after delivery, if the item is unused and in its original condition, and we will refund the full order amount minus the shipping costs for the return.
Some items may not be eligible for returns, please refer to the individual product descriptions for more information
For more details please see our Returns Policy
Thanks for shopping with us!
Australian Geographic contributes 100% of its profits to its registered charity the Australian Geographic Society to fund its conservation and sustainability grants.