Uniform Evidence Law: Commentary and Materials, 5th edition has been updated throughout to provide essential case and legislative extracts and thoughtful, concise commentary covering the uniform evidence legislation in the UEL jurisdictions of the Commonwealth, New South Wales, Victoria and Tasmania.
This latest edition includes discussion of the following significant developments and new case law:
- Important decisions on adducing documents (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission v Air New Zealand Ltd (No 1)  FCA 1355, Re Idylic Solutions Pty Ltd  NSWSC 568 and Wade (a pseudonym) v The Queen  VSCA 13);
- New decisions on relevance (Patrick v The Queen  VSCA 89 and Clay v The Queen  VSCA 269);
- Discretionary exclusion (Dupas v The Queen (2012) 218 A Crim R 507);
- Significant hearsay decisions (The Council of the New South Wales Bar Association v Franklin  NSWCA 329, I S J v The Queen  VSCA 321 and Clay v The Queen  VSCA 269);
- New cases on the business record exception (Lancaster v The Queen  VSCA 333 and Australian
- Competition and Consumer Commission v Air New Zealand Ltd (No 1)  FCA 1355);
- Important decisions on expert evidence (Honeysett v The Queen  HCA 29, Kyluk Pty Ltd v Chief Executive, Office of Environment and Heritage  NSWCCA 114), and Tuite v The Queen  VSCA 148;
- Privilege (Expense Reduction Analysts Group Pty Ltd v Armstrong Strategic Management and Marketing Pty Ltd  HCA 46); and
- New cases concerning proof (Henderson v Queensland  HCA 52, Brown v New South Wales Trustee and Guardian  NSWCA 431 and NOM v Director of Public Prosecutions  VSCA 198).