Cases are carefully selected, edited and cross-referenced to the companion textbook, Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts, to promote a deep understanding of the subject.
Both books follow the same chapter order and structure, making it easy to use them in tandem.
In the third, fully revised and expanded edition of this cases and materials text, the discussion of the key concepts has been extended, putting the case extracts into their legal context. Helpful analysis of each extract will assist readers to understand why a particular case is important and the principle to be drawn from the decision.
Additional cases have been included to ensure alignment with current teaching in equity and trusts.
The new edition has also been expanded to to include new chapters on fraud in equity, subrogation, contribution and marshalling.
Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts: Cases and Materials and its companion textbook Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts combine to make an ideal resource for students of equity and trusts, practitioners and anyone wishing to understand this complex area of law.
• Expanded selection of cases to align with Australian teaching in equity and trusts
• Cases are carefully selected and edited for relevance
• Cases are preceded by an introduction to the key concept, putting the decision of the court into context
• Chapter order identical to the companion textbook Principles of Australian Equity and Trusts for easy cross-reference
• Online support material available for lecturers