Potter and Perry's Fundamentals of Nursing, 5e continues to set the standard as the leading fundamentals text for Australian and New Zealand nursing students.
The 5th edition has been carefully revised and restructured, focusing on the very important basics - the fundamentals of care that are the building blocks on which professional nursing practice is built.
Potter and Perry's Fundamentals of Nursing 5e will prepare students for the dynamic and evolving nature of nursing practice and will challenge them to become competent, engaged and agile nurses of today, leading the way to be effective nurses of the future.
- The importance of safe and effective person-centred care continues to feature throughout, with a new emphasis on professional responsibility and accountability.
- Clinical examples and Critical reflection points highlight how the quality of nursing care, knowledge and skills can impact people's lives and mean the difference between recovery and ongoing illness and complications
- Additional resources at evolve.elsevier.com/AU/Crisp/fundamentals/ including:
- eBook on VitalSource
- Resources for Instructors
- Critical Reflection Points and answers
- Image collection
- Tables and boxes collection
Resources for Students and Instructors
- Essentials of Care chapter
- 37 Clinical Skills videos (including 10 NEW)
- Clinical Cases: Fundamentals of Nursing Case Studies
New to this Edition
- Four new chapters:
- Creating a proactive and dynamic nursing profession
- Building nursing practice: the Fundamentals of Care Framework
- Engaging patients and keeping them safe
- Documenting, retrieving and using information to inform practice
- A new clinical reasoning framework to support systematic and critical reflection on approaches to practice
- Emphasis on the importance of self-reflection and awareness for delivering quality care across diverse populations
- Aligned to the Registered Nurse Standards for Practice 2016 (Australia) and Competencies for Registered Nurses 2007 (New Zealand)
- 75 Clinical Skills link applied nursing skills to effective clinical practice.