This package contains the following products:9781496349125 Farrell Smeltzer & Bare's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 4e
Smeltzer & Bare’s Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing 3rd edition is one of the most widely-used nursing resources in Australia and New Zealand. It covers the core concepts, procedures and skills of medical-surgical nursing, emphasising patient-centred care, as it reinforces and consolidates classroom learning.
The third edition has been revised and updated to include current national health priorities and references reflecting contemporary nursing practice. Units 1-3 introduce the theory of medical-surgical nursing, issues and trends in the healthcare system and the role of the nurse. Organised by body system, Units 4-16 cover adult health issues systematically: the first chapter in each unit discusses the normal anatomy and physiology of the body system; subsequent chapters cover management of specific disorders, their aetiology, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, assessment and findings, and medical and nursing management.
- New - Laerdal Vital Sims Vol I and II are referenced at the opening of each unit
- Each Unit opens with a case study, providing examples of nursing problems, nursing interventions and outcomes
- Nursing management and leadership issues and considerations are included throughout
- Nursing Care guidelines clarify the nurse’s patient-care responsibilities systematically, under the headings Assessment, Nursing Interventions and Expected Patient Outcomes
- Learning Objectives, Clinical Reasoning Exercises, Risk Factor and Pharmacological charts and Evidence-Based Practice exercises highlight the priorities of each chapter and support learning
- The text explores the complex and critical roles of the nurse as Practitioner, Educator, Patient Advocate and Researcher
9781496375629 Farrell PrepU for Smeltzer & Bare's Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing, 4e