A brand new Australian-designed course book by highly regarded lecturers at Australian National University, ACT. The coursebook is aimed at developing communication skills for beginning learners. It's primary focus is on speaking and listening comprehension, however as it incorporates Kana and Kanji as the basis for instruction, it can also be used as a comprehensive teaching and learning resource for the development of reading and writing skills as well.Special features of this textbook include:
1. Systematic learning of the characteristics of spoken Japanese (e.g. frequent use of sentence final particles such as ne and yo, particle omission, inversion, echo questions, etc)
2. Comprehensive Japanese language learning aimed at acquiring a sound balance of knowledge and skills between (i) the systematic understanding of grammar and (ii) a practical-pragmatic use of situational and functional expressions.
3. Developing a practical conversational ability through a large number of systematically arranged exercises rich in variety.
4. Aiming at "easy to learn, easy to teach and easy to use".
5. Well-selected situations in the practical use of the Japanese language, with a continuing story-line between a Japanese student and a foreign student.20 Chapters - includes Coursebook AND Workbook materials in the one text, listening material can be easily downloaded via the ANU Website (Instructions given).To view the contents, first chapter and other sample pages of this book, please click the "View Inside" button.