Reflecting the 2010 Emergency Cardiovascular Care guidelines, Mosby's Paramedic Textbook, Fourth Edition provides a comprehensive learning tool for both first-time and refresher paramedic students. Coverage includes an overview of key subjects such as pharmacology, airway management, medical disorders, patient assessment, and trauma. ALS patient care skills are presented step by step, both in the book and on the companion DVD. New to this edition are nine new chapters, many new topics, and 150 new photos. Written by paramedic expert Mick Sanders, Mosby's Paramedic Textbook follows the National EMS Education Standards and offers complete coverage of the National Standard Curriculum (NSC) for the EMT-Paramedic.
Features & Benefits
- More than 1,000 illustrations -- including 150 that are NEW -- accurately present different techniques and skills.
- Chapter openers, objectives and key terms set the stage for learning.
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) skills are presented step by step and in full color. A skills DVD is included with the textbook.
- Critical thinking questions help in understanding concepts and in applying them to patient care.
- A summary and a list of references in each chapter make review easier.
- A herbal appendix in the pharmacology chapter provides access to herbal content.
- Drug monographs on the companion website include Mosby's Essential Drugs, with instant access to comprehensive, up-to-date information on the medications that are administered by paramedics as well as those most commonly prescribed to patients.