Were you looking for the book with access to MasteringBiology? This product is the book alone and does NOT come with access to MasteringBiology. Buy the book and access card package to save money on this resource.
Now completely up-to-date with the latest research advances, the Seventh Edition of James D. Watson’s classic book, Molecular Biology of the Gene retains the distinctive character of earlier editions that has made it the most widely used book in molecular biology. Twenty-two concise chapters, co-authored by six highly distinguished biologists, provide current, authoritative coverage of an exciting, fast-changing discipline.
- Balanced coverage of prokaryotic and eukaryotic systems is included.
- To support the concise narrative, additional material can be found in essay boxes that are labeled in four categories:
- Key or Classic Experiments highlight influential experimental strategies that show students how we know what we know.
- Techniques include recent methods from the fields of bioinformatics and genomics.
- Advanced Concepts provide further discussions of key theories and principles.
- Medical Connections highlight how understanding basic mechanisms sheds light on—and may lead to treatment of—medical conditions and human diseases.