A practice-oriented learning system with a global perspective.
To help students focus on the most important concepts—and effectively practice the application of those concepts—Microeconomics is structured around a system of checkpoints which teach students how to think like an economist.
Eye On boxes throughout each chapter challenge students to apply theory to important issues and problems that shape our global society and individual decisions.
The result is a patient, confidence-building program that prepares students to use economics in their everyday lives, regardless of what their future career will be.
Encourage students to learn by doing
Parkin’s system provides a practice-oriented framework, consisting of the following elements:
- Learning Objective checklists at the beginning of each chapter preview the 3-5 key ideas students need to know. Each chapter is broken into discrete sections devoted to one of these ideas.
- Review problems at the end of each section present a practice problem with a guided solution and a parallel exercise for the student to try.
- Chapter Summary at the conclusion of each chapter include a summary of key points and key terms, Study Plan Problems and Applications, Instructor Assignable Problems and Applications and MCQs
Excite student attention and foster interest in the course, with:
- Clear, fully explained graphs, supported by detailed numbered captions which guide students step-by-step through the action. 100% of these figures are animated in MyEconLab.
- Modern topics presented engagingly, with contemporary examples that help students tie theory to real-world situations.
- Simplified chapter openers which grab student attention and provide instant focus for the chapter.
- Each chapter opens with a question about a central issue that the chapter addresses which is illustrated with an engaging photograph.
- Eye On feature boxes challenge students to grasp the point of the chapter quickly and help instructors to focus on a core issue both in class and in practice exercises. Current and recent events appear in Eye on the Australian Economy boxes. We place our present experience in global and historical perspectives with Eye on the Global Economy and Eye on the Past boxes. Eye on the News, which appears once each chapter, is an extract from a news article with a related economic analysis.
- This feature is also available in the MyEconLab Homework and Test Manager, making it available for assignment with automatic grading. Local and Global economic issues are tackled, including inflation, the tax system and sustainability.
- Instructor resources are reliable and easy to use because they align with the same structure found in the text. The instructor resource package includes high-quality Powerpoints, Solutions Manual, Testbank and MyEconLab which includes Videos, Digital Interactives, Experiments and other learning activities that can be mapped to AACSB standards.