Beat pharmacology today with this bestselling resource!
McKenna’s Pharmacology for Nursing and Health Professionals delivers essential pharmacological information in easy-to-learn steps, helping you to build a solid grounding in the principles of drug therapy, before introducing more complex learning objectives such as pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics. This edition emphasises “need-to-know” concepts to today’s nurses.
- Care considerations with rationales for care interventions
- Therapeutic drug actions and contraindications
- Patient safety—safe medication administration, patient/family teaching and a focus on evidence-based practice ensure learners are ready for a real-world clinical setting.
- Reflective practice—cultural and gender considerations as well as drug therapy across the lifespan encourage critical thinking and reflective practice.
- Calculation reviews reinforce your drug calculation knowledge and hone your clinical skills.
- Test yourself—case-based critical thinking exercises and review questions test what you have learned and help you prepare for exams.
- Holistic care—herbal and alternative therapies present you with options for holistic care.
- More than just a textbook!
- Simulation—integrated with the most popular Laerdal simulated scenarios. Make sure you are prepared for the sim lab!
- thePoint Learning Hub—watch animations and videos, take review questions, view case studies and much more!
About the Authors:
Lisa McKenna PhD, MEdSt, BEdst, RN, RM
Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching) Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
Associate Professor, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Anecita Gigi Lim RN, BScNsg, GDipS, PostGDipSc Nsg, MastHIsSc
Senior Lecturer (Pharmacology), School of Nursing, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand