This pack contains 1 copy of Fundamentals of Nursing Volumes 1, 2 and 3 & 1 printed access card containing your code and instructions to MyNursingLab & eText. Kozier and Erb's Fundamentals of Nursing prepares students for practice in a range of diverse clinical settings and help them understand what it means to be a competent professional nurse in the twenty-first century.
The third Australian edition has once again undergone a rigorous review and writing process. Contemporary changes in the regulation of nursing are reflected in the chapters and the third edition continues to focus on the three core philosophies: Person-centred care, critical thinking and clinical reasoning and cultural safety. Students will develop the knowledge, critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills to deliver care for their patients in ways that signify respect, acceptance, empathy, connectedness, cultural sensitivity and genuine concern.
- Real-world Australian examples and case studies
- Appropriate Australian terminology, policies and procedures
- Australian clinical photos
- An integrated approach to Australian Indigenous health issues acknowledging the importance of using non-discriminatory and appropriate language to describe groups of people, policies and events, following the guidelines set out by NSW Health in its publication, Communicating Positively: A Guide to Appropriate Aboriginal Terminology.
- Up-to-date references, research and codes of practice
- Focus on ‘Critical Thinking’ questions to help students think systematically and logically
- Examples mapped to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (National Board) national competency standards in an appendix in the back of the text, aligning the content to contemporary professional practice in Australia.