A trusted person-centred resource to start you on the path to professional success
Fundamentals of Nursing and Midwifery is a popular foundational nursing text specifically for Australian and New Zealand students. This comprehensive resource provides a detailed overview of key information with person-centred care highlighted throughout to provide a focus on the individualistic, interactive and holistic nature of nursing and midwifery care. It is designed to introduce students to the ‘why’ as well as the ‘how’ of nursing by focusing not only on a person’s physical healthcare needs, but also on the intellectual, emotional, sociocultural and spiritual aspects of care. In this way, students learn to be holistic carers while acquiring the foundational knowledge, procedures and skills required for registration and successful nursing practice.
This thoroughly revised and updated third edition features progressive case studies, updated content on nursing informatics and the IELTS (the International English Language Testing System), expanded coverage of mental health and mental illness, discussion on the ISBAR tool as a format for structured handover communication and in-text references to the companion publication Checklists for Clinical Nursing Skills by Sparkes, Bassett and Jacob.
Key Features Include:
- A holistic person-centred approach to care that provides a framework that encourages the reader to maintain a central focus on the person as the recipient of care
- Clearly outlined key clinical skills with procedures explained step by step including full-colour photographs
- Reflective practice and clinical reasoning introduced and explained within the framework of the Thoughtful Practice model
- Short clinical scenarios, and critical thinking questions that encourage the reader to stop, reflect and analyse the text discussion
- Australian and New Zealand cultural and legislative references
- Information on Nursing Informatics that helps prepare students for the modern care environment
thePoint online resources for students and instructors
- NEW! Content mapped to new registered nurse standards
- A wide array of resources for students and instructors, including Watch and Learn videos, Practice and Learn videos, Concepts in Action animations, quizzes, discussion topics and answers, journal articles and PowerPoint presentations
- PrepU for Fundamentals of Nursing and Midwifery, Third Edition, is an online adaptive quizzing engine that helps students to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses and enables instructors to assess student and class progress