The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia's RN standards for practice (2016) has replaced the National Competency Standards for the Registered Nurse (2006). This new revised edition of Tollefson for 2017 has incorporated the changes necessary to reflect the progression in thinking of the profession.
Clinical Psychomotor Skills is presented in a concise and easy-to-read style, offering a unique blend of solid theoretical content and practice based competency tables, to enable students and instructors to translate their skills and knowledge into provable competencies that fulfill the required standards.
New to Edition
- All skills revised and updated for the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia's RN standards for practice (2016) by our expanded author team of Joanne Tollefson and Elspeth Hillman
- Based on reviewer feedback we have added 2 new skills: Skill 17 Assisted feeding and Skill 31 Medication administration – inhaled medications
- New two-colour text design to emphasise pedagogy and competency tables
- New margin icons of key common procedures such as Hand washing, Documentation, Clean up and Dispose, and Gloving. This important reminders reinforce key tasks for nursing students
- New Linkage icons direct students to other skills they need to remember while learning a new skill
- NEW CourseMate Express website with interactive quizzes, skills videos and additional skills online for student learning and revision
- Each Clinical skill table updated with Performance criteria numbers to indicate NMBA Registered Nurse Standards for Practice