Celestron NexStar+ EQ Hand
- NexStar+ Hand Control works with Celestron equatorially mounted computerized telescopes
- Compatible with Advanced VX, CGEM, CGEM II, CGX, and CGX-L series telescopes and mounts
- Flash upgradeable via the Internet; latest updates can be found at Celestron.com
- 40,000-object database
- Dual line, 16-character LCD screen with adjustable backlighting
- Now connects to your PC directly with a mini-USB cable (cable not included) for software updates or optional telescope control with third party software
The Celestron NexStar+ EQ Hand Control is the standard computer accessory on all current equatorially mounted Celestron go-to telescopes: Advanced VX, CGEM, CGEM II, CGX, & CGX-L computerized telescopes.
With the push of a button, you can access NexStar+’s huge database of over 40,000 celestial objects. Automatically slew to objects in a variety of catalogs, including the Messier, NGC, Caldwell, and SAO brightest stars. The planets as well as a list of the most popular objects are also included. Not sure what to look at? Use the Tour Mode, and you’ll be shown a selection of the most popular objects for the time and date you are observing!
NexStar Plus includes many setup conveniences like customizable max slew speed, All-Star Polar Alignment, programmable slew limits, and more.
This hand control includes USB Flash Upgradeable Technology, allowing users to upgrade its software with Celestron Firmware Manager. Latest upgrades can be found on the Support Tab.