Please note: this is a bulky item and therefore cannot be shipped internationally.
The Celestron NexStar 6SE is a remarkably easy telescope to use - use the patented SkyAlign system then simply choose an object from the menu and the telescope will find it for you!
If you're not to sure where to start looking, let the telescope take you on a guided tour of the night sky. Not only does the tour feature the most interesting objects visible from your location at that exact time, it can also display interesting information about what you're looking at. The fact that this Celestron telescope is so easy to set up and use makes it ideal to transport to your favourite location for stargazing. Its database of over 40,000 objects means you'll always find something to catch your eye no matter where you are!
What can I see with the NexStar 6SE telescope?
- Lunar craters as little as 1600m in diameter
- Large clouds and dust storms on Mars
- Details of the Big Red Spot and Galilean moons of Jupiter
- The rings of Saturn, cloud belts and moons
- Many dimmer asteroids and stars down to 13.4 magnitude
- Globular clusters' cores and internal detailing in nebulas
Some objects may require additional eyepieces to see clearly, sold separately. Visibility subject to local conditions and positions of objects.
- 6" Schmidt Cassegrain telescope
- The SE range combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- Quick release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Celestron's unique patented single fork arm with integral hand control design provides a rigid and smooth operating structure for the optical tube
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately location objects
- Sturdy computerised Alt-Azimuth mount
- Ultra sturdy steel tripod with accessory tray
- Star diagonal provides a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Compatible with the Celestron NexImage planetary imager and the Celestron Eyepiece and Filter Kit
Computerized mount features:
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40 000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any 3 bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Autoguider port for long exposure photography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
WARNING - KEEP BATTERIES OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Swallowing may lead to serious injury in as little as 2 hours or death, due to chemical burns and potential perforation of the oesophagus.
If you suspect your child has swallowed or inserted a button battery immediately call the 24-hour Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 for fast, expert advice.
Examine devices and make sure the battery compartment is correctly secured, e.g. that the screw or other mechanical fastener is tightened. Do not use if compartment is not secure.
Dispose of used button batteries immediately and safely. Flat batteries can still be dangerous.
Tell others about the risk associated with button batteries and how to keep their children safe.
NOTE: The 24-hour Poisons Information Centre is the correct first response in Australia 13 11 26.