Celestron GPS CPC 1100 XLT Telescope
The Celestron CPC GPS 1100 is a fully computerised Schmidt-Cassegrain 11 inch aperture telescope with dual fork arm for excellent stability. It has a computerised mount and features a database of over 40,000 celestial objects, user-defined objects and includes expanded information on over 200 objects. This telescope is perfect for viewing deep space objects and astrophotography.
The Celestron CPC GPS 1100 telescope has a computerised mount and features a database of over 40,000 celestial objects, user-defined objects and includes expanded information on over 200 objects. The Celestron telescope is perfect for viewing deep space objects and astrophotography, with the duel fork arm making it more stable for attaching cameras.
- 11" diffraction limited Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
- 8x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
Computerized mount features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider, GPS accessory
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer (may require USB adapter, sold separately)
What will I be able to see ?
- Lunar features under 2km across
- Internal detail in nebulae including star birth regions, and visible structures in many galaxies from a dark sky site
- Large clouds and dust storms on Mars
- The Cassini Division and Encke Gap in Saturn's rings often visible
- Advanced detail of weather systems of Jupiter and small features of Jupiter's four Galilean moons
- Thousands of globular clusters with detail, resolved almost to the core
- Double stars separated by less than 1 arcsecond
- Faint stars down to magnitude 14
- Increased aperture from the CPC 925 will mean that faint fuzzies will be able to be seen in greater detail
Some objects may require additional eyepieces to see clearly, sold separately. Visibility subject to local conditions and positions of objects.
Please note: this is a bulky item and therefore cannot be shipped internationally.