The intermediate-level Celestron Deluxe Handheld Digital Microscope is an easy to use, low power microscope. With powers of 10x to 40x, it’s ideal for viewing stamps, coins, bugs, plants, rocks, skin, gems, circuit boards, and more. With the higher power magnifications, you can even view traditional microscope slides.
Best of all, you can capture your discoveries using the built-in 2.0 MP camera. Press the shutter to save images and VGA-quality video directly to your PC. The LED illuminator ensures your specimens are clear and bright. An included metal stand allows for steady shots and comes in handy when viewing at higher powers, minimizing shaking and keeping your specimen in sharp focus.
For teens and adults alike, the Deluxe Handheld Digital Microscope is a fun, educational tool. It’s well suited for hobbyists, quality control inspectors, medical professionals, and scientific researchers.
- USB-powered handheld digital microscope
- Built-in 2MP digital camera for capturing images and videos
- 10x to 40x magnification (up to 150x on some monitors)
- 6 LED ring illuminator
- Use the included Windows software to capture images and video of your discoveries. Measure your specimens with built-in measurement tool.
- Computer requirements: CD/DVD drive and USB 2.0 port. UVC plug-and-play with Windows 7, Vista, and XP. Also compatible with Mac OSX 10.4.9 and above (without measurement feature).
Accessories: Adjustable metal stand
Dimensions: 4.25" x 1.25" (108 mm x 32 mm)
Illuminator: 6 white LEDs (in ring configuration)
Imaging Sensor: 2 MP CMOS (1600x1200 pixel array)
Magnification: 10 to 40x & 150x using a 19" Monitor
Software Compatibility: Windows XP or better, Mac 10.4.9 or better (using Photo Booth or iChat)
Still Image resolution: 2MP (up to 5MB with interpolation)
Streaming resolution: 25 fps
USB Connection: 2.0 (for power from a computer)
Video resolution: 25 fps
Weight: 4 oz. (113 g)