Essential criminal law resource for New South Wales, providing extensive coverage of legislation and authoritative annotations.
This book, extracted from Criminal Practice and Procedure NSW, provides extensive coverage of legislation and authoritative annotations by Roderick N Howie QC, a former judge of the Supreme Court of New South Wales, and Peter A Johnson, a judge of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
The 2016–2017 edition includes legislative amendments made by, inter alia: Courts and Other Justice Portfolio Legislation Amendment Act 2015 No 67, Crimes Amendment (Off-road Fatal Accidents) Act 2015 No 61, Criminal Procedure Amendment (Child Sexual Offence Evidence Pilot) Act 2015 No 46, Firearms and Weapons Prohibition Legislation Amendment Act 2015 No 63, Terrorism (Police Powers) Amendment (Investigative Detention) Act 2016 No 17 and more.
- Crofts, Gray, Kirchengast, Naylor & Tudor, Waller & Williams Criminal Law Text and Cases, 13th ed, 2016
- Eburn, Howie, Sattler & Hood, Hayes & Eburn Criminal Law and Procedure in NSW, 5th ed, 2016
- Fairall & Barrett, Criminal Defences in Australia, 5th ed, 2016
- Howie, Quick Reference Card — Criminal Law for Common Law States, 2015
- Young, Kenny & Monahan, Children and the Law in Australia, 2nd ed, 2016
Roderick N Howie QC has held numerous public offices in New South Wales including Public Defender, Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions and Crown Advocate. He was appointed a judge of the District Court of New South Wales in 1996 and a justice of the Supreme Court in September 2000. He retired from the Bench in May 2010. He is an esteemed author and editor of a number of LexisNexis publications.
Peter A Johnson has been a judge of the Supreme Court of New South Wales since February 2005. He was admitted as a solicitor in 1976 and practised at the private Bar from 1982, taking Silk in 1997. He served as an acting judge of the District Court of New South Wales in 1998–1999 and as an Assistant Commissioner of the Independent Commission Against Corruption in 2003–2004. He has been joint author of Criminal Practice and Procedure NSW with Roderick Howie QC since the mid-1980s.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Proceedings Before Magistrates
- Criminal Procedure Act 1986
- Criminal Procedure Regulation 2010
- Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act 1999
- Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Regulation 2010
- Trial Procedure
- Crimes Act 1900
- Crimes Regulation 2015
- Crimes (Domestic and Personal Violence) Act 2007
- Crimes (High Risk Offenders) Act 2006
- Bail Act 2013
- Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act 1985
- Drug Misuse and Trafficking Regulation 2011
- Summary Offences Act 1988
- Summary Offences Regulation 2015
- Crimes (Forensic Procedures) Act 2000
- Crimes (Forensic Procedures) Regulation 2014
- Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002
- Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Regulation 2005