Please note: this is a bulky item and therefore cannot be shipped internationally.
The Skywatcher 6" Dobsonian telescope is a breathtaking alt-azimuth mount scope. The Newtonian reflector and paraboloid primary mirror eliminates spherical aberration to increase definition. This ensures a crisp image as you marvel at the Moon, Saturn's rings, Jupiter, and bright nebulae.
The simple and practical design of this Skywatcher telescope allows for a quick set up and is popular among amateur astronomers.
Skywatcher has also equipped this 6 inch Dobsonian with a tension-control handle. This invention adjusts the tension by increasing or decreasing friction between the sideboard mount and the optical tube. The Sky-Watcher tension control means the telescope doesn't need to be balanced in order to stay in position. The tension adjuster can also be completely tightened to lock the optical tube into position.
The Skywatcher Dobsonian telescope has multiple stabilizing features including a counter-balancing weight, a friction lock, and a spring attached between the telescope tube and mount to maximize stability.
What can I see?
- The phases of Venus
- Lunar craters as little as 3.2km in diameter
- Dark surface features on Mars
- Detailed cloud belts of Jupiter
- The rings of Saturn and subtle cloud belts
- Many faint comets and brighter asteroids
- Double stars and stars to 13.1 magnitude
- Star clusters, nebulae and galaxies with spiral structures
- Constellation Vulpecula (The Dumbbell Nebula)
- Constellation Lyra (The Ring Nebula)
- Constellation Orion (The Great Orion Nebula)