Please note: this is a bulky item and therefore cannot be shipped internationally.
The Celestron CPC 800 GPS telescope is an elegant, easy and functional telescope for those who want to go further in exploring the universe with their feet staying on the ground. This Celestron telescope is perfect for viewing deep space objects and astrophotography, with the duel fork arm making it more stable for attaching cameras.
Buy your telescope in Australia with us and receive after sale assistance and technical support from our friendly staff.
What can I see with the Celestron CPC 800?
- Lunar features under 2km across
- Internal detail in nebulae including star birth regions, and visible structures in many galaxies from a dark sky site
- Large clouds and dust storms on Mars
- The Cassini Division and Encke Gap in Saturn's rings often visible
- Advanced detail of weather systems of Jupiter and small features of Jupiter's four Galilean moons
- Thousands of globular clusters with detail, resolved almost to the core
- Double stars separated by less than 1 arcsecond
- Faint stars down to magnitude 14
Some objects may require additional eyepieces to see clearly, sold separately. Visibility subject to local conditions and positions of objects.
Celestron CPC 800 - General Features
- 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerised dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
- 8x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Newly designed heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" steel legs and accessory tray
- Ergonomic design - Comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder - Allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics - Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider, GPS accessory
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer