Optical Type: 14" (356mm) Scmidt-Cassegrain
Mount Type: Celestron CGEM DX
Great For: Photographers
Can See: Many solar system objects, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters
Designed for superior astrophotography performance while maintaining its portability. The CGEM DX 1400 delivers the backbone for all your observing needs. Featuring an innovative polar alignment procedure called All-Star. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with solar alignment.
Please Note: this product is available as a special order only. After you place your order, we will notify you within one business day of the expected delivery time. Unfortunately, no discounts are available for this product.
Redesigned electronics deliver more power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced. The CGEM DX also features a longer counterweight bar in order to balance heavy loads.
- 14"" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- New CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the ""mirror flop"" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2.75 inch steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Computerized Mount Features:
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- New ""All-star"" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of go to features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
Buy a telescope in Australia with us and we will provide after sale assistance and technical support. Please note that this product currently cannot be shipped to New Zealand.