Optical Type: 14" (356mm) Scmidt-Cassegrain with Celestron EdgeHD technology
Mount Type: Celestron CGEM DX
Great For: Photographers
Can See: Many solar system objects, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters
- 14"" EdgeHD Optics
- New CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Ultra sturdy 2.75"" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Please Note: this product is available as a special order only. After you place your order, we will notify you within one business day of the expected delivery time. Unfortunately, no discounts are available for this product.
- New aplanatic Schmidt telescope design produces aberration-free images across a wide field of view
- Mirror tension locks hold the primary mirror in place and reduce image shift
- Cooling vents allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible for fast f/2 imaging
The EdgeHD is a Schmidt telescope designed to produce a focal plane more than three times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope, thereby creating aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also to give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view. This guarantees you visibly sharp, diffraction-limited stars across the entire field of view of many of the most popular astrophotography cameras. Coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coating on every surface, EdgeHD optics give you maximum light across the widest spectrum.
Computerized Mount Features:
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- New ""All-star"" Polar alignment uses any bright star for a quick and accurate Polar alignment
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number: the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking.
- Internal Cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double-line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of go to features
- RS-232 communication port on hand to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings.
- Secure power plug ensures that the mount's power source is not accidentally disconnected
Buy a telescope in Australia with us and we will provide after sale assistance and technical support.
Please note that this product currently cannot be shipped internationally.