Optical Type: 14" (356mm) Scmidt-Cassegrain
Mount Type: Celestron CGE Pro
Great For: Photographers
Can See: Many solar system objects, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters
The CGE Pro Computerised 1400 telescope is part of Celestron's line of observatory class German Equatorial telescopes. The German Equatorial Mount has long been the favoured choice for seasoned astronomers and astrophotographers because of its stability and portability. More stable because the centre of gravity is directly over the centre of its base and more potable because the telescope can be broken down into smaller component parts for easy storage and transportation.
Please Note: this product is available as a special order only. After you place your order, we will notify you within one business day of the expected delivery time. Unfortunately, no discounts are available for this product.
- 14"" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings
- CGE PRO computerized Equatorial mount
- Schmidt-Cassegrain mechanism that moves the primary mirror to adjust focus is supported by two pre-loaded ball bearings, minimizing the ""mirror flop"" typical of bushing focus mechanisms
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod adjustable from 38 - 55""
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
For astrophotography, the German Equatorial Mount offers easier balancing, unlimited space at the rear of the telescope tube to mount a camera, and whole sky access. Now you can enjoy all of the NexStar software and database features with the extra stability and portability of a German Equatorial Mount.
Computerized Mount Features:
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- New All-Star Polar Alignment routine for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres
- Software Features include: Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five alignment methods and user-defined slew limits
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- 12 VDC Servo Motors with integrated optical encoders
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - High quality motors with seven slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for improved tracking precision
- Bearing and Shaft - Main shafts are made from 1.57"" diameter steel tubing with .40"" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68"" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axes
- Precision worm drive system - .75"" pitch dia. precision made steel worm preloaded with two .87"" OD ball bearings to minimize run-out (a source of periodic error). 255 tooth 6"" pitch dia. precision made worm wheel with enveloping brass teeth
- Spring loaded DEC worm to minimize backlash and makes guiding easy
- 4 point RA and DEC clutch system for no-slip pointing precision
- Autoguide port, PC port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- Latitude range: 10° to 65° Northern or Southern Hemispheres
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- PS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
Buy a telescope in Australia with us and we will provide after sale assistance and technical support.
Please note that this product currently cannot be shipped internationally.