Optical Type: 11" (280mm) Scmidt-Cassegrain with Celestron EdgeHD technology
Mount Type: Celestron CGE Pro
Great For: Photographers
Can See: Many solar system objects, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters
- 11"" EdgeHD Optics
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings
- CGE PRO computerized Equatorial mount
- Heavy duty stainless steel tripod adjustable from 38 - 55""
- 9x50 finderscope with quick release bracket to help accurately find objects
- 2"" Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Please Note: this product is available as a special order only. After you place your order, we will notify you within one business day of the expected delivery time. Unfortunately, no discounts are available for this product.
- New aplanatic Schmidt telescope design produces aberration-free images across a wide field of view
- Mirror tension locks hold the primary mirror in place and reduce image shift
- Cooling vents allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible for fast f/2 imaging
Edge HD is a Schmidt telescope designed to produce aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma, but also give an astrograph quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as ""astrograph"" quality actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with a flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optic produce a focal plane more than three-time flatter than other competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. Coupled with Celestron's StarBright XLT coatings on every surface. EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light across the widest visual and photographic spectrum.
Computerized Mount Features:
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- New All-Star Polar Alignment routine for both Northern and Southern Hemispheres
- Software Features include: Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five alignment methods and user-defined slew limits
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows you set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows you to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- 12 VDC Servo Motors with integrated optical encoders
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Drive Motors - High quality motors with seven slot skewed armature to minimize magnetic cogging for quiet operation and long life. Precision made cut-steel gears in gearbox for improved tracking precision
- Bearing and Shaft - Main shafts are made from 1.57"" diameter steel tubing with .40"" wall thickness with two preloaded 2.68"" O.D. tapered roller bearings on each axes
- Precision worm drive system - .75
- Spring loaded DEC worm to minimize backlash and makes guiding easy
- 4 point RA and DEC clutch system for no-slip pointing precision
- Autoguide port, PC port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic pier for long exposure astrophotography
- Latitude range: 10° to 65° Northern or Southern Hemispheres
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory (93969)
Buy a telescope in Australia with us and we will provide after sale assistance and technical support.
Please note that this product currently cannot be shipped internationally.